If you want to read up on the evidence on voluntary assisted dying, here's a quick guide to a few key resources.
GGA's eBooks cover a range of topics. They are available for free from our website as a pack or you can get them individually:
Several Australian parliaments have conducted inquiries into voluntary assisted dying. Their reports are available online:
- Victoria - Inquiry into End of Life Choices, Final Report, June 2016
- Western Australia - My Life, My Choice, Report of the Joint Select Committee on End of Life Choice, August 2018
- Queensland - Voluntary Assisted Dying, Report No. 34, 56th Parliament Health, Communities, Disability Services and Domestic and Family Violence Prevention Committee, March 2020
- South Australia - Report of the Joint Committee on End of Life Choice, October 2020
If you want learn more about the tactics of opponents, here are some resources to help put them into perspective:
- eBook: Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt
- eBook: Responding to Key Arguments Against Voluntary Assisted Dying
- eBook: The Full Picture
- Documentary: Fatal Fraud with companion eBook: A propaganda case study - Fatal Flaws
Visit our Resources page for more.