It's now or never! Join Cosi and Andrew Denton at the Candles for Compassion Rally in Adelaide to show MPs why they must pass this Voluntary Assisted Dying bill.
Where The steps of Parliament House, Adelaide
When 5.30 - 6.30pm Wednesday 26 May 2021
What A peaceful event with Andrew Denton and others. We'll show MPs our strong support for VAD and remember South Australians for whom this law has not come soon enough.
- You don't need to sign up, just turn up! All welcome.
- If you can, wear something red.
- Electric tealights and placards will be provided.
- We encourage you to bring along photographs of your loved ones who should have had the choice not to suffer
- We also encourage you to get creative and make your own placards. As a rule, the bigger the better so they show up clearly in photos. Keep them respectful.
Parliament House sits on the main intersection in Adelaide, just near the central train station. View a map here.
There will also be a free bus service between Victor Harbor and Adelaide. To register your interest, please add your details below.
Tell your friends
If you haven't made it to a rally yet, join this one. This is the 17th time SA Parliament has debated VAD, and we cannot let there be an 18th. Enough is enough.
🚌 Add your details below to register your interest for the bus from Victor Harbor.
If you are interested in a bus from Nuriootpa, please send an email to [email protected]
The bus will leave at 3.30 pm from bus stop 1 on Stuart St, opposite the shopping centre.
After the rally it will leave Adelaide at 7 pm, returning to Victor Harbor around 8.30 pm.
Bookings are essential. Every person must register individually.